Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Life lately for the Huffs...

Gosh... with the new year for me came a resolve to keep my house cleaner. Most of the time it is "picked up" but I really wanted to keep it clean. Organize all the files, have a schedule for the major stuff (bathrooms, sheets, windows, etc) and it has been going great! It took me about three weeks to get completely organized and clean out all the rooms, closets, filling cabinets, desk, but once I was done it has been pretty simple to keep it up! I am so loving that if I just keep up on the little things, do one big item a day, that the house stays clean! AND it all become worth the work when this week Ricky got home from work and sat down on the couch and said "Honey, I think this is the first time, since we have been married, that I feel like our lives are more organized and less chaotic, the house looks amazing, the kids seem happy, we are getting to spend time together, thank you". I was so sweet of him to say and I could tell he meant it. While we have been super busy these last couple of weeks, it does not seem to have taken the chaotic spin that it normally does.

And now for an update on my boys:
Jake is growing up so fast I can barely stand to take my eyes off him for a min... afraid he might go away to college or something! His thought process amazes me daily! He can remember things that happened in our day to day lives like no person I have ever met... His tender heart blesses me daily. We have been attending SMILES. Its a bible study on Thursday mornings for Moms... they have a children's program and Jake loves it! Last week he made a bird on a paper plate and was so proud of it! We work three times a week on his letters, numbers, colors, matching items, etc. I have been able to see him grow in that area so much lately... like the light bulb went on. Its so special for me to be able to see his little brain growing, learning, and desiring to learn!

Carter... where to I start... he is my pistol! He is as crazy as Ricky! He has a funny sense of humor and now that he can pretty much say anything it has come out full force.... he thinks Jake is the best thing to ever come around. He wants to do everything brother does, go everywhere brother goes, and play with everything brother is playing with! This alone causes some tension but we have been able to break through most of the horrible temper tantrums with consistent time outs... basically for a while there Carter spent most of his day in time out! lol..now its much better! He has 14 teeth now... which makes me happy since I was getting scared that maybe he would only ever have 6. He got all the other ones at once and while we were on Vacation after Christmas.. I know... SPECIAL HUH?

Noah... oh my sweet boy... he has such a sweet gentle spirit about him. He rarely cries. He loves to watch his brothers play and really loves to snuggle with his momma. He is my momma's boy. He has 2 teeth on the bottom and his top two are on the way in... thus we are no longer nursing! He has taken to a bottle well, while eating solid baby food has been a challenge. He just spits it at me... and thinks its funny! I think because he has teeth and is sitting up now I am just going to put him in a high chair with mashed up what ever we are eating and let him go at it! We will see how that works out! This morning he started "scooting" along the floor in the play room and really seems to have a desire to get moving... probably to keep up with Carter and Jake. I can't believe he is already on his way to being a big boy! Where did the last 8 months go???

I am working on some pictures right now so as soon as they are done and ready I will post them. Such cute ones the last couple of weeks of the boys playing and us just be us!

Hope this post finds all of you well and enjoying 2009!

1 comment:

Heidi - said...

It was nice to read your update!! Its been hard for me to keep my blog updated recently also.

Wish I could organize my closets and stuff! I need to do it REALLY bad!!