Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just one of those weeks....??

Have you every had just one of those weeks... you know the ones where you feel like they should be over but its only Tuesday? Where you are just tired? Where you feel like there are a million things to do but you are not motivated to do any of them? Where you just feel "blah"?

That is me this week.... I am in a funk I think and I know I just need to snap out of it but for some reason that is harder to do than one would think. So here I am, 10:50pm... awake and frustrated that I can't sleep because I can't turn off my mind. Some things I am thinking about right now:

1. Why am I so emotional?
2. How can I have a less emotional conversation with my husband, certainly he is not as emotional as I, therefor the emotion ends up being one sided and I'm the only one upset?
3. How can I be a better communicator?
4. Laundy..... laundry.... laundry....
5. My babysister is moving... to THAILAND.. yes THAILAND PEOPLE!!! I am super excited that she is going... because I know how much it means to her to go, but I am sad at the same time. Who am I am going to google chat with at 1:00am if she is gone??
6. Why do my muscles have to hurt so bad....??
7. Why do I sound so whinny in my head???
8. Gosh I wish I was sleeping now....
9. Please God don't let me be getting sick... my throat is killing me!

So that is just the top of the list... really I could go on and on but that is probably why I am not sleeping.... lol...

I am going to change my week! I want to have a good week, a good attitude, more patience, more fun, and more smiles! I want to be out of my funk!!

Good night!

1 comment:

Andrea Harman said...

RE: #2 and trying to have a conversation with your emotionless husband. I have this problem too! And it seems like the more I am emotional, the less emotional and even withdrawn he is. Something I have tried is to watch him carefully while we are talking and try to mimic his body language. It takes a certain amount of detachement to talk about an issue that is important to you, without being emotional about it. But sometimes that is necessary. If we are talking and he just clams up and doesn't really talk, I calmly and not angrily say something along the lines of, "I can see that now is not a good time for you and that you don't want to talk. Maybe we can try talking about this another time when you are more up for it." Then I--and this is very important!!!!--get up and leave the room. Calmly and not angrily.

Just something that I have tried. And if he doesn't want to talk, well, at least you aren't sitting there feeling like a fool because you're basically talking to yourself while he is bordering on a vegetative state. Hey, that's how it is for me anyway!