Monday, May 19, 2008

News from LLCH

So for the last couple of days we have been working on Noah's feedings... he is required to eat a certain amount each day before he can come home. This comes out to about 45 cc every three hours. This has been a challenge for him as he gets very sleepy very quickly. Yesterday he reached his goal of eating and we are so proud of him!


Last night and this morning we had a set back.... Twice in the middle of the night while feeding and once this morning... Noah did what is called a Brady... this is where his heart rate drops below a normal level. He comes out of this on his own without assistance or oxygen but it also means that he will have to stay until that is resolved. There are several reasons that he might be doing this, so it is hard to have a fix for it. It could be that he has to much milk in his mouth and then can't get air.... or that he is so tired from being pushed on the eating that he falls into a deep sleep which then causes his heart rate to drop if he is eating at the same time. Either way, we are looking at another five days min... from his last Brady which was this morning at 11:30am.


My heart is so sad that we have had this step backwards after feeling so excited that we might come home this week. But I know that God has a plan for our little family and that He is taking good care of Noah and his needs right now.


Both of the other boys have runny noses so they are not allowed to stay at Ronald McDonald.... so Daddy is staying home with them while I am down here trying to help Noah eat and grow. We are hopeful that its just the change in weather and that we will back togeher again very soon. I know Daddy is tired and getting over a very bad ear infection as well, and I am so thankful for him and all he does for our family. He has been such a rock during this hard time in our lives.

I will do my best to keep this more updated... its been very little sleep for us right now so I am resting when I am free of nursing....

1 comment:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Hang in there, girl. Those setbacks are FRUSTRATING, i know.
Stay strong.
Read Psalm 91.
It was my favorite passage to read while my girls were in the NICU.
you're in my prayers!