Monday, August 11, 2008

How to do... is there a google search for this??




















How to?? How to?? This is the question that rolled through my mind last night at 7 over and over... How to raise the Godly man Tom is talking about? With three boys, last nights message on being Masculine, truly Masculine, according to how God designed men, was by far one of the most interesting and captivating messages I have heard, EVER. I know he kept saying he was talking to the men... not the ladies. But I was listening. With three boys 3 and under, my heart is continually longing to know how to raise them to be Godly men. How do I instill in them the desire to be all that God created them to be?




This is something that continually is on my heart... the unknown of being a parent is amazing. God gives you these little humans and in return He wants you to mold them and shape them into what He has already pre-wired them to be. But at the same time allowing them to grow, make mistakes, get hurt, etc. HOW TO??




I thought last night was great... but it still leaves me with questions?? When Tom was talking about Drew and how he knew not to make him docile and meek... how did he know that? Who told him that? What is the balance? Between fighting all the time, everything is a weapon and raising a warrior who will fight the enemy and protect his family?




I feel like this is going to be my quest.... to figure out the HOW TO?? and do it!! Please pray for me as a mom and a wife. That God would show me HOW TO and I would be able to thrive in that, thus my boys thriving in their God designed Masculinity.

3 comments:

Heidi - said...

I totally understand what you are saying... "How do I do that?" I was very captivated myself last night, with having a little boy also. How do you find the balance? I don't want him to be violent, but I want him to learn to be a warrior for his own family someday. Its a tight rope walk I think, a little to the right or left and I feel like I am falling off... Balance??... How do I find the balance???

I trust God will guide us, and our husbands to the place of balance, just as God guided Tom. If we are truly seeking Him and His plan for our children's lives, He will give us wisdom and understanding if we ask Him too.

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I will pray for you. I, too, struggle with "how to" with my kids.
Having girls i worry about teaching them how to be "Godly women".
I worry about being too hard on them, or forcing too much of my thoughts on them.
I worry about my son and if i am too easy on him. Chris tells me i baby him too much. I worry that he's not aggressive enough. I want him to love the Lord like Chris does and even more so.
I know we as mama's should pray daily for our kids to be influenced by the right people while they grow up. I agree with Heidi about praying for wisdom and understanding, but i think that it's not always gonna be clear to us.
It's hard...
We all struggle with it, though!

Mindy Clark said...

I will keep all of you mothers in my prayers... I think you all are great mothers with great husbands... I can't say I know what you are going through (obviously, but someday I'm sure)... But I am confident God will lead your families in the right directions. Either way, your children will one day appreciate what great upbringing they have.