Monday, August 18, 2008

The weekend...

So on Saturday, I got to hang out with Mom. Since Ricky and my Dad went to CORE racing in Pomona we decide to have a girls day. We went down to Victoria Gardens and had lunch then did some shopping. Nothing crazy since I had the two smaller boys with me.

Carter was such a trooper in the heat, he loves his stroller and I am so proud of him.
He makes me laugh the way he loves to people watch. He would rather do that than play with a toy or anything else while we out. He just loves to watch what people are doing!

Noah does not care for the heat at all so that was a little harder. He does not sleep well in the car seat so I held him until he fell asleep and then put him in the stroller. That worked for about 30 min then he was up and wanted to be held again. Silly little guy!

I exchanged a dress that I bought that was too big and got two shirts instead. I really love one but I am going to take the other one back.. it fits weird! With two kids its hard to try on at the store so I just normally get my size and go. Lucky for me my mom works close so she can take it back again for me.... huh... shopping.. is that really all that fun??

I loved hanging out with my mom! It was such a nice time of talking and hanging out. We should try to make time for that more often. Both of us are so busy that often times special times like that get pushed aside but they are important to me and mean so much. We talked about lots of fun stuff! So naturally when Ricky got home I asked him how his time with my dad was, and what they talked about? He looked at my funny. And this is how our conversation went....


"What did you and my dad talk about?"

'What do you mean?"

'I mean WHAT DID YOU TALK ABOUT? Did you talk about my sister's new boyfriend? How does he feel about that? What about my sister moving to Thailand? Did he say how he felt about that?"

"Well I guess we talked about that. We talked about mom's new job...."

"Oh ya? How does he feel about that???"

"My goodness, we are not girls! You are asking me questions like we sat there and had a conversation like two women.... I did not ask him how he felt about it all. It was more like. Oh hey do you like Geoff? ya I do. Cool. Julie has been working down the hill now cause her new job.... Oh ya? what kind of gas mileage is her car getting now?"

I guess their time was a little different then mine and mom's but still they had a good day and so did we. Guys and girls are so different it makes me laugh!

1 comment:

Heidi - said...

That sounds like a conversation Paul and I would have. "How does he feel about that?"!! Funny stuff!!

Sounds like you enjoyed your Saturday more than my crazy watch excursion!!

Glad you got to spend some time with your mom, I wish my mom didn't work so much, so we could hang out more to!! I know she feels the same way, but its the season God has her in!