Monday, July 28, 2008

Marriage....


Last night at 7 was amazing!! Tom did an amazing job of being direct and honest about how God designed marriage. I loved it! What are the roles, how that play into our society's view on marriage and especially woman, and how to fulfill our roles the way God designed them. It was eye opening. It sparked great conversation between Ricky and I last night.. I think we talked until he fell alsleep...lol...which sounds funny... but it was a good long time past our bedtime!


I whispered to Ricky during the service, I wish the couple's retreat was more like this message! It was soo goooood! I wanted more.. .more info.. more of what a Godly marriage looks like. More of how to be a Godly wife. I am looking forward to the rest of the series, but to be honest, my heart longs for a branch off... I know it would be hard considering not everyone is married at 7 but it would really cool for all the young married couples to have some clarity!


Anyway, it was really great. It will be available to listen to online at 2:00pm today... here is the link... just in case you missed it! What a great service!


5 comments:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Your wedding picture is beautiful. I, too, really enjoyed the message last night.

I am reading "created to be his help meet" by Debi Pearl and it talks alot about our roles as wives.
It has been huge in transforming my thoughts towards chris and how i need to treat him.
I recommend you read it if you get a chance. It's hard in some parts, because the author tells us how we need to submit even when our men aren't worthy of submitting to.
It really is life changing!
Anyway, it was good to see you (even briefly) last night.
Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

i agree that the message was GREAT! i also agree on the young married couple thing you said. avi.

Heidi - said...

I really enjoyed "Created to be His help meet", also. And I agree, It changed my whole perspective on how I act towards my hubby. I like the way Tom put it on Sunday, wives were created to be their husbands helper, because they really do need our help. What an honor it is for me to be the perfect fit to help Paul with everything in life. I recommend that book also, not to read by yourself, but to go through with a group of married ladies.

Great thoughts!!

Mindy Clark said...

Hey Brandi,

Since I didn't really get a chance to hear the message at church, my friend and I listened to it on podcast... it was really good for me who is married, and for her who is single. I love hearing sermons on marriage. Marcos and I are blessed to have you and Ricky in our lives. We love you guys and admire the beautiful family you have! MIss you!

Maryjo said...

Brandi. My girl! You are Ricky are an amazing couple and I love seeing you two together. I get a "warm fuzzle" feeling when I see such a great example of love. Miss you guys.