Monday, July 21, 2008

Stop and Smell the Roses.....

This morning I have been thinking about fast life can move and how hard it is to enjoy the moments that we are given. It seems like with the warm weather comes a crazy schedule for us and most of the people that we know... I know that for me, when this happens, I tend to buckle down and be extremely focused... but I also know that when I do this... I miss some of the small things that happen. I know in my own life this can happen with God too.. I get so busy worrying about how the house looks, what we are having for dinner, are the kids dressed nicely, am I giving enough to my husband, my family, and my friends... and I often get so distracted that I don't focus on God and what he has for me today. Am I taking the time to pray? To praise him for what he has blessed me with?
AM I TAKING THE TIME TO JUST PRAISE HIM FOR WHO HE IS???
Most likely not... I am going to do my very best to focus on God this week... To stop and smell the roses that God has placed in my life for a reason...
Thank you lord.... thank you for the small things... Thank you for the look on my husbands face when his sister walked down the isle, thank you for the blessing of a new brother in law... thank you for the blessing that we are allowed to go to church with our families. Thank you for my children, thank you for their health, thank you for all the small things that mean the world to me! Help me to be able to slow down and enjoy them more!

No comments: