Friday, April 4, 2008

Another thought for the day...

So I loved last week at church, with Tom talking about stopping and actually looking for God and what he is doing instead of being so focused on what else is going on around you. Since my circumstances this week forced me into some alone time I wanted to share with you what was on my heart and how I have been reflecting on that.
There are so many days that go by when I take what my wonderful husband does for granted. For the most part he goes to work, comes home, plays with the kids and helps me get them ready for bed. But in all reality he does so much more than that... This week I reflected on how God works through my husband- My husband gets up earlier than he has to.. normally between 5am and 6am to get to work- not because he has to but because he wants to be home with his family earlier in the day. He comes home from work after letting me call him more times that a wife should call her husband in the day.... only to make sure that even though the boys run to him so excited I ALWAYS get the first hug and kiss! That makes me heart burst just thinking about it. God- Make your spouse your first priority, above your children
My wonderful husband not only comes home early but lately he has not had dinner to look forward too... and while he could complain and be upset, he rarely does. He always asks me what he can make me for dinner. God- A servants heart will be blessed
Every night, tired or not, he takes Jake to bed, reads his Bible (JESUS BOOK) with him, prays and let Jake talk about his day, even though that mostly at this point consists of talking about STAR WARS. God- Making all things right, being with his children even in the moments when he has other things to do.
So all in all... I am so thankful that God shows himself through my husband on daily, weekly, and continual basis!

2 comments:

Heidi - said...

I think its ironic we both blogged about our husbands and marriages on friday!! Great minds think a like!! : ) !!

Props to Ricky!!

Unknown said...

LOL....