Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The passage way....

While I have read John 10 every day this week, I have not gotten to post my thoughts like I was planning... life sometimes gets in the way of a few min at the computer in the quiet. Not that it is all that quiet right now... Diego is playing the background and I have a very very hungry 1 year old sitting next to me eating pancakes and bannana's, but it will work for now.
7Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
So as I read this passage again this morning... I think what sticks out to me is
I guess when I read this I think of a passage way, something that allowes you to move freely inbetween two spaces. The first place would be a place of rest and security. Where you would go to lay your head down at night, where you would run to if you were scared. A place that above all, you long to be when you are lonely or sad. The place where you want to celebrate the joys of your life and mourn the loses. HOME comes to mind when I think of this place.


The second space would be that where you have to go, where you would need to go to survive. Where you would get food, make trades to gain ownership, a place where you would need to deal with other people, people who might not be of the same flock as you. This is an unprotected space, where you are more likely to be attacked by the enemy. I guess what I am getting at, is in my mind, I see this second place as the WORLD


So for Jesus to be the GATE, only makes sense to me. As the gate He is the go between for us. We pass through him to leave and through him to come home. When we are enclosed in the fences that he has built for us, there is a sense of peace and safety. There is also the knowledge of knowing that even after we have had to spend the day in WORLD, we will always be able to pass through the GATE into HOME.

I have no idea if any of that made any sense to anyone else... but that is just what I was thinking when I read that passage.

No comments: